Every year, the Forest City Education Foundation teams up with Forest City High School to recognize high academic-achieving students. The Academic Banquet is held every spring. John Baylor, the man behind the John Baylor ACT Test Prep course was the speaker.
Criteria for attendees includes (A student must meet two of these):
- Be in the top 7% of class
- Have an ITED National Percentile Rank of 85 or higher in Reading Comprehension, Math
- Total and Science tests
- A composite score on the ACT of 27 or higher
- A cumulative GPA of 3.6 or higher (after a minimum of 2 trimesters at FCHS)
- Attendance of 97% or higher